Families with children, teenagers and adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) can need a little extra help whilst on holiday. If you stay in a property showing the on-holiday support icon we may be able to offer you additional assistance during your stay. (Some of the happykidsholidays property owners are also able to offer you some of these on-holiday support services.)
- Meet you at Bergerac airport to help with children, car hire, bags etc and guide you to your holiday gite
- Babysit and child mind for an evening or part of a day at your holiday gite
- Accompany your family on trips out in the Dordogne
- Do your shopping for you, before your holiday if you prefer
- Provide readymade meals, (vegetarian, organic, home grown, gluten free if necessary) chosen in advance
- Discuss ASD with you, and offer advice in relation to your child or your situation
- Provide on call support for questions or emergencies
- We speak, read and write French and so are able to help you with any language difficulties you may have whilst on holiday.
We charge between £10 and £15 per hour for these services, plus any entrance fees and other costs incurred (including fuel).
Meals are charged for individually.
Because we are a small organisation, these additional support services need to be booked and paid for in advance.
If there is anything else that you think we could do to improve your holiday, please don’t hesitate to ask.